Here is a curated list of issues to contact elected officials about. Not all will apply to all readers–in general, elected officials don’t pay much attention to people who aren’t their constituents. I have therefore organized the list by constituent group. Issues that need calls within a day or two are in bold. Most of these are climate-related in some way. Some may be overtly political, but none are partizan. The list is not exhaustive but it is as comprehensive as I can make it. If there’s no link, it means I received the alert from an individual, not a group. Feel free to double-check any of these before you call. You can look up the numbers online easily.
You can also email or write, and some of the links I’m using actually go to petitions or email contact forms, but calling is substantially more effective. Last edited on March 8th, 2017.
All US Residents
- The Senate Committee on Homeland Security is taking calls about Steve Bannon’s appointment to the NSC. You can call 202-224-4751.
- Contact Your House of Representatives Member and voice your opposition to two bills that would gut or eliminate the EPA.
- Call for the Impeachment of President Trump. Now, arguably impeaching the President would not be the best thing, given that Mike Pence is problematic for many of the same reasons–but possible criminal behavior should be investigated. I’m not sure where this petition will be delivered however. Caveat emptor.
- Tell Your State Assembly Members to Permanently Ban Fracking. We currently have only a temporary ban.
- Tell Governor Hogan to Oppose the President’s travel ban.